When I married K I can honestly say that I didn’t fully understand what I was getting into. I was naive, thinking that love was enough and was all we needed. Love is insanely important, and we definitely wouldn’t be where we are today without it, but we’ve learned that marriage is about so much more during these last 4.5 years.
K turns 28 today, and I’m still a bit in shock that he’s chosen to spend his life with me, and I am so thrilled that I’ve gotten to spend his last 5 birthdays with him. Time goes by so fast that I can’t even believe it’s been this long, 5 birthdays. I am so excited for the future, but afraid that it’s just going to fly by, and I just wish I could slow it down.
This past year has been a huge year of firsts. Our first home, K’s first pet which happened in the form of 4 dogs all at once, haha. K started woodworking, and he’s just taken off, I got a new job which has given us much more time together. He’s built so many things for our home. We started the process to adopt a child, and he built the crib and changing table for our nursery. The list goes on and on.
This man constantly leaves me in awe. His ability to love unconditionally, his willingness to work hard, to get up with the dogs at 4:30 in the morning and let me sleep for another hour without complaint. He tackles every new task without hesitation, from building our bed frame (his first wood working project ever, talk about impressive) to learning how to fix some plumbing issues in our house, to replacing water damaged sheetrock. He learns so quickly that it’s often times annoying since I don’t, but I love that about him.
Some of my favorite things about you, today:
- Your love of Jurassic Park, and willingness to watch it over and over with me.
- Your willingness to watch Harry Potter, let me name Padfoot Padfoot, and just your ability to pretend to love Harry Potter as much as I do.
- The way you’re always warm and willing to cuddle and help me warm up.
- Your patience, which is never ending, both with me and our 4 fur babies.
- How gentle you always are with me, both in words and actions.
- Your love of games, which has slowly leaked over to me, making me love to play games with you, although I’m still upset that the ships in battleship can’t go sideways…
- Your inability to win at Canasta, seriously, you never win, it’s amazing and makes it that much more fun for me.
- Your ability to make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world, and to make me feel more loved than I’ve ever felt in my life.
- Your willingness to do crazy things, like buy 4 dogs at once, or support me in opening a photography business, etc.
- Your ability to slow down and help me learn new things, even though it means having to learn how to teach me, since you and I learn in completely opposite ways.
- That you took me fishing, and even though we fished for hours, catching absolutely nothing, I had so much fun.
- That I am never, ever bored with you.
Those are just a few reasons that I love you today. Happy birthday K.